Yoga classes are offered to all our Cygnets children; at this age the children can move around by themselves by crawling, walking, running, etc, we believe this is a perfect age for baby yoga. Our classes are the perfect way to enhance a child’s early learning and development through storytelling, action songs, and moves inspired by a professional yoga teacher.
Yoga is a great form of relaxation for the mind, body and soul. It brings peace to an active mind, stretches the body and promotes suppleness; Introducing yoga to young children at an early age, through playful activities, is a great way to boost healthy living, helping children to become calmer and better able to concentrate and focus at the end of each day.
Benefits of Yoga;
• Supports children’s emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
• Encourages social interaction and Increases self-confidence.
• Actively encourages self-expression and creativity.
• Develops coordination and improves balance.
• Develops listening skills; the ability to focus the mind and improves concentration.
• Helps children to find their breath and to use breathing to channel their emotions
Classes take place twice a week here at 22 Street Lane Nursery; they are delivered by our practitioners at the end of the day to add a calming influence to the children at the end of a fun filled day.