1:1 SEN Support Application
Accountable to: Alex Thornton, Nursery Manager
Hours of duty: 8 hours per week – 9am-1pm, 2 days a week, Monday to Thursday (can be flexible on which 2 days, would be confirmed at interview stage)
Start Date: Immediate
Contract Type: Temporary contract (potential for the role to become a permanent assignment, to work with other children in the future)
Do you have a passion for working with young children? Do you have experience working with children with complex needs? Are you dedicated and enthusiastic?
We are delighted to offer a unique opportunity for the right person to come and work in a state-of-the-art nursery in Roundhay, North Leeds. We are looking for a highly motivated and exceptional individual who is passionate about delivering the highest level in childcare and supporting children with a range of complex needs. You will be working in a stunning environment alongside inspirational childcare professionals and we will be offering training as well as career progression opportunities.
The job will entail working closely with the Room Leader to support a child (aged 3) who requires 1:1 support throughout the Nursery day. You will be providing extra assistance with daily tasks and ensuring the child is receiving extra support, interventions, and support with activities when necessary.
This could be the perfect role for an individual who needs a role with flexibility and shorter hours, perhaps a parent/carer or someone looking for an additional, exciting and rewarding opportunity!
• Working on a 1-2-1 basis with a child with additional needs
• Becoming a part of the team and working together to support each child in their own individual way
• Supporting students who need extra support
• Working with other children in the group to support their learning and development
• Small group work and intervention support responsibilities
Required Skills & Experience
• Have eligibility to work in the UK or be a UK resident
• Previous experience working with SEND children or in a childcare setting (desirable)
• Contribute to the creation of a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment for all children
• Implement the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework and any other legal/statutory frameworks.
• Support and contribute to the planning and the provision of a stimulating range of age appropriate activities, ensuring that the room is well-resourced and creatively set-up.
• Develop genuine bonds with the children and colleagues to sensitively fulfil their key person responsibilities.
• Work in partnership with all parents/carers, building and maintaining relationships that encourage trust, open communication, and involvement in nursery life.
• Respect and value all colleagues, children and parents and encourage a positive and diverse working environment.
Qualifications and Experience
• At least 1 years’ experience working with children 0-5 years old (Essential)
• At least 1 years’ experience working in a similar nursery setting (Desirable)
This job description is intended to give you an indication of the main duties, but is not meant to be an exhaustive list.
*Please note that due to the high volume of applicants we receive, it may not be possible to respond to all applicants and please note that CV’s that do not show relevant experience will not be considered for the position. In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.*