Reserve Staff (Zeros Hours Contract) Application
Accountable to: Nursery Manager
Line Manager: Room Leader
Overview: Perform duties in line with 22 Street Lane Nursery’s ethos, philosophy and vision, as well as the policies and procedures, including Health & Safety and Safeguarding children.
We are delighted to offer a unique opportunity to come and gain experience at a state of the art “Outstanding” OFSTED rated nursery in Roundhay, North Leeds. We are looking for highly motivated and exceptional individuals who are passionate about delivering the highest level in childcare to join our “Bank Staff” team. You will be working in a stunning environment alongside a friendly and professional team. We can offer training as well as career progression opportunities. This role would suit students currently studying for an Early Years qualification and who are looking for a part time role to fit around these studies.
• To play with the children in a safe and caring environment; under the direction of the qualified members of the team.
• To give ideas to the team about activities for the children; indoors and outdoors.
• To ensure that all equipment and toys are appropriate for their purpose, well maintained and meet safety standards.
• With support, promote the safety and good health of children, self and others by ensuring risk assessments are carried out regularly and actions are taken to reduce accidents and the spread of infection, if a child is ill.
• To provide regular drinks and foods, in accordance with the children’s individual needs.
• To work in partnership with parents or carers, with the support of the qualified members of the team.
• To comply with the safeguarding procedures.
• To communicate effectively with team/parents or carers/children and outside agencies when necessary and with support, if necessary.
• To observe and ask questions about planning on a long, medium and short term basis and assess the children’s progress, with support.
• To be partnered up with a senior member of the team, so the role of the Key Person is explained and observed, and carried out with support. You will do observations.
• To liaise with your line manager as directed.
• To undertake other duties and responsibilities determined by the Manager, in consultation with yourself.
• To undertake any training, in relation to the duties of your post, including monthly team meetings, Parent evenings, etc.
This is offered on a zero hours contract basis and so the number of hours offered to you will be flexible and will depend on the operational requirements of the business.
*Please note that due to the high volume of applicants we receive, it may not be possible to respond to all applicants and please note that CV’s that do not show relevant experience will not be considered for the position. In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.*