Qualified Practitioner Application
Accountable to: Nursery Manager
Line Manager: Room Leader
Hours of duty: 40 hours per week
Overview: Perform duties in line with 22 Street Lane Nursery’s ethos, philosophy and vision, as well as the policies and procedures, including Health & Safety and Safeguarding children.
We are delighted to offer a unique opportunity for the right person to come and work in a state-of-the-art nursery in Roundhay, North Leeds. We are looking for a highly motivated and exceptional individual who is passionate about delivering the highest level in childcare. You will be working in a stunning environment alongside inspirational childcare professionals and we will be offering training as well as career progression opportunities.
The successful candidate will have experience as a qualified practitioner, helping deliver fantastic childcare across the nursery setting whilst supporting the Room Leader and Deputy Room Leader in the day to day running of their room.
• Perform duties in line with 22 Street Lane Nursery ethos, philosophy and vision, as well as the policies and procedures, including Health and Safety and Safeguarding children.
• To work alongside the room leader and deputy leader to ensure good practice at all times.
• To occasionally, and with support, take the lead of your designated room in the absence of the room leader
• To contribute to the creation of a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for all children
• To implement the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework and any other legal/statutory frameworks.
• To be responsible for the welfare of all children in your designated room, and support with the room’s organisation, ensuring consistent, high-quality care.
• To work collaboratively as part of a team and maintain ratios in your room. Where required it may be necessary to cover in other rooms.
• To support and contribute to the planning and the provision of a stimulating range of age appropriate activities, ensuring that your room is well-resourced and creatively set-up.
• To observe and assess children’s learning and development ensuring records are kept up to-date, are of a high standard and are shared effectively (including Individual Education Plans for children with Special Educational Needs)
• To develop genuine bonds with your key children and support and monitor colleagues to sensitively fulfil their key person responsibilities.
• To work in partnership with all parents/carers, building and maintaining relationships that encourage trust, open communication and involvement in nursery life.
• To respect and value all colleagues, children and parents and encourage a positive and diverse working environment.
• To cooperate and work effectively with the management team, taking on additional responsibilities/duties and positively promoting developments in policies and procedures to team members.
This job description is intended to give you an indication of the main duties, but is not meant to be an exhaustive list.
Qualifications and Experience
• Level 3 qualification in Childcare (EYE)
• At least 2 years’ experience working within a similar nursery setting.
• At least 2 years’ experience with children 0 to 5 years old.
*Please note that due to the high volume of applicants we receive, it may not be possible to respond to all applicants and please note that CV’s that do not show relevant experience will not be considered for the position. In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.*