Deputy Nursery Manager Application
Accountable to: Alex Thornton, Nursery Manager
Job Title: Deputy Nursery Manager (12 Month fixed-term contract to cover maternity leave)
Hours of duty: 40 hours per week
Overview: Perform duties in line with 22 Street Lane Nursery’s ethos, philosophy and vision, as well as the policies and procedures, including Health & Safety and Safeguarding children.
We are delighted to offer a unique opportunity for the right person to come and work in our state-of-the-art nursery in North Leeds. Looking for a highly motivated and exceptional individual who is passionate about delivering the highest level in childcare. You will be working in a stunning environment alongside inspirational childcare professionals and we will be offering training as well as career progression opportunities.
The successful candidate will have experience in leading the delivery of fantastic childcare across the nursery whilst supporting the manager in the day to day running. The successful candidate will be experienced in supporting room-based staff in developing and enhancing practices and strive to deliver outstanding practices at all times.
• To achieve and maintain high standards of care and education.
• To effectively lead and manage the staff team including recruitment and retention, providing guidance, training and support to all staff.
• To ensure all policies, procedures and curriculums are implemented and adhered to at all times.
• To keep abreast of current early childhood thinking/trends.
• To effectively assist in managing the budgets and occupancy levels.
• To implement an effective parent liaison programme and be influential in developing strong links with parents.
• Manage all day to day operations of the nursery.
• Contribute to the monthly newsletter which is available to all parents
This job description is intended to give you an indication of the main duties, but is not meant to be an exhaustive list.
Qualifications and Experience
• At least five years’ experience of working in an early years setting at a senior level.
• NNEB Diploma, CACHE Level 3, NVQ level 3 or equivalent NVQ level 4 or relevant degree.
• Experience of managing a budget and delivering against financial targets.
• A high level of business management skills.
• Experience of coaching and mentoring individuals.
• Experience of leading and supporting staff teams and strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent knowledge of health and safety legislation
• In-depth knowledge of OFSTED requirements.
• Excellent knowledge of the EYFS.
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines.
• Good time management and communication skills.
*Please note that due to the high volume of applicants we receive, it may not be possible to respond to all applicants and please note that CV’s that do not show relevant experience will not be considered for the position. In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.*