Application For Apprenticeship
Job Title: Apprentice Childcare Level 3 Practitioner
Accountable to: Room Leader
Line Manager: Nursery Manager
Hours of duty: 40 hours per week
Overview: Perform duties in line with 22 Street Lane Nursery’s ethos, philosophy and vision, as well as the policies and procedures, including Health & Safety and Safeguarding children.
We are delighted to offer a unique opportunity for the right person to come and work in a state-of-the-art nursery in Roundhay, North Leeds. We are looking for a highly motivated and exceptional individual who is passionate about delivering the highest level in childcare. You will be working in a stunning environment alongside inspirational childcare professionals and we will be offering training as well as career progression opportunities.
The successful candidate will have support from the Nursery to gain a Level 3 childcare qualification whilst working alongside qualified practitioners, helping deliver fantastic childcare across the nursery setting and supporting the Room Leaders, Deputies and practitioners in the day to day running of their room.
Overview: Perform duties in line with 22SLN’s ethos, philosophy and vision, as well as the policies and procedures, including Health and Safety and Safeguarding children.
• Play with the children in a safe and caring environment; under the direction of the qualified members of the team.
• Give ideas to the team about activities for the children; indoors and outdoors.
• Ensure that all equipment and toys are appropriate for their purpose, well maintained and meet safety standards.
• With support, promote the safety and good health of children, self and others by ensuring risk assessments are carried out regularly and actions are taken to reduce accidents and the spread of infection, if a child is ill.
• Provide regular drinks and foods, in accordance with the children’s individual needs.
• Work in partnership with parents or carers, with the support of the qualified members of the team.
• Comply with the safeguarding procedures.
• Communicate effectively with team/parents or carers/children and outside agencies when necessary and with support, if necessary.
• Observe and ask questions about planning on a long, medium and short term basis, and assess the children’s progress, with support.
• Be partnered up with a senior member of the team, so the role of the Key Person is explained and observed, and carried out with support.
• To undertake other duties and responsibilities determined by the Manager, in consultation with yourself.
• To undertake any training, in relation to the duties of your post, including monthly team meetings, Parent evenings, etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
• No previous apprenticeship undertaken
• Experience of babysitting or some contact with children
• Basic Safeguarding knowledge or a willingness to do it
• First Aid qualification or a willingness to do it
• Food hygiene qualification, or a willingness to do it
Skills and Knowledge:
• Passion for pursuing a career in Childcare
• Ability to communicate with children and team
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Good basic skills in literacy and numeracy