Dish of the Month – April 2020
Each month you’ll find a tasty new addition to our Dish of the Month page. We will tell you all about the ingredients needed, as well as how to cook the recipe, so you can enjoy at home with your children.
This month the children will be enjoying lots of delicious and nutritious food, prepared by our Head Chef, Chris Milner and his dedicated team. This month we will be having a hearty dish of Lamb Stew. We hope the children will enjoy it last this month, and if you’d like to make it at home, we have provided the full recipe below!
Chicken and Leek Pie
- 500g parsnip, peeled
- 300g floury potato, peeled
- 500g boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 leeks, sliced
- Grated zest 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp low-fat crème fraiche
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Chop the parsnips and potatoes into chunks, then boil for 15 mins until tender. Drain, reserving the water, then mash with a little seasoning.
- Cut chicken into small chunks, then toss in the cornflour. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the leeks, then fry for 3 mins until starting to soften.
- Add the chicken and 200ml water from the potatoes, then bring to the boil, stirring. Reduce the heat, then gently simmer for 10 mins, until the chicken is just tender.
- Remove from the heat, then stir in the lemon zest, parsley, crème fraîche and mustard.
- Divide the chicken filling between four 300ml pie dishes. Spoon over the mash and spread roughly with a fork to seal in the filling. Bake for 25 mins until the topping is crisp and golden.
We have also created a FlippingBook to showcase our current and past Dishes of the Month, to view; simply click on our FlippingBook icon to the right of this page.
Make sure you come back next month for our next dish!