Dish of the Month – March 2024
Each month you’ll find a tasty new addition to our Dish of the Month page. We will tell you all about the ingredients needed, as well as how to cook the recipe, so you can enjoy at home with your children.
This month the children will be enjoying lots of delicious and nutritious food, prepared by our Head Chef, Oli and his dedicated team. The children loved trying this hearty dish and experiencing this new blend of flavours! If you’d like to make it at home, we have provided the full recipe below!
Mixed Vegetable Savoury Rice
- 1 onion
- 3 mushrooms
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 tomato
- 1 x 10ml spoon oil
- 150g long grain rice
- 1 x 5ml spoon vegetable stock powder or cube
- 550ml boiling water
- 50g peas
- 1 x 10ml spoon curry powder
- 1 x 10ml spoon turmeric
- 2g fennel and cumin seeds
- Any other chosen vegetables
- 50g fresh coriander
- Prepare the vegetables, then peel and chop the onion and mushrooms.
- Finely dice your pepper and roughly cut your tomato.
- Fry your onion until it’s nicely caramelised. add your other vegetables cook until soft.
- Add your rice, stock and spices, and feel free to add any other spices you’d like. Then simmer until rice is cooked.
- Finish the rice with the peas in the last stages and add finely diced chopped coriander.
This dish is fantastic with marinated soy chicken, as well as tofu or salmon if you want to get your protein boost. It’s also great with turmeric-seasoned scrambled egg.
We have also created a FlippingBook to showcase our current and past Dishes of the Month, which can be viewed below:
Make sure you come back next month for our next dish!