Dish of the Month – October
Each month you’ll find a tasty new addition to our dish of the month page. We will tell you all about the ingredients needed, as well as how to cook the recipe, so you can enjoy at home with your children.
This month the children have been enjoying lots of delicious and nutritious food, prepared by our Head Chef, Christopher Milner and his dedicated team. One of the children’s favourites has been our Chickpea and Vegetable Burgers. The children enjoyed it so much we made it our Dish of the Month for October!
Chickpea and Vegetable Burgers;
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- pinch ground turmeric
- 1 bunch fresh coriander and the stalks, finely shredded
- 2 x 400g/14oz tins cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 250g/9oz ground polenta
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the onion and garlic for ten minutes until soft. Add the spices and coriander and cook for another minute. Remove from the heat.
- Pulse the chickpeas in a blender with the onion spice mix. Taste, season with salt and pepper, and add a squeeze of lemon juice. Form the mixture into stiff patties and set aside in the fridge until you are ready to cook.
- When ready to cook the burgers, sprinkle the polenta onto a plate and press the burgers onto the polenta. Heat the sunflower oil in a pan and fry the burgers on both sides until cooked through. (Alternatively, you can bake these on an oiled tray for 15-20 minutes at 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.)
- Serve the burgers in the buns with a side salad.
We have also created a FlippingBook to showcase our current and past Dishes of the Month, to view; simply click on our FlippingBook icon to the right of this page.
Make sure you come back next month for our next dish!
View our 'Dish of the Month' recipes