Dish of the Month – October 2021
Each month you’ll find a tasty new addition to our Dish of the Month page. We will tell you all about the ingredients needed, as well as how to cook the recipe, so you can enjoy at home with your children.
This month the children will be enjoying lots of delicious and nutritious food, prepared by our Head Chef, Chris Milner and his dedicated team. The children loved trying this hearty dish and experiencing this new blend of flavours! If you’d like to make it at home, we have provided the full recipe below!
Veggie Yaki Udon
- 1½ tbsp sesame oil
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 160g mangetout
- 70g baby corn, halved
- 2 baby pak choi, quartered
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tbsp mild curry powder
- 4 tsp low-salt soy sauce
- 300g ready-to-cook udon noodles
- 1 tbsp of ginger, chopped
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan or wok over a high heat.
- Add the onions and fry for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the mangetout, corn, pak choi and spring onions and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the garlic, curry powder and soy sauce, then cook for another minute.
- Add the udon noodles along with the ginger and reserved brine and stir in 2-3 tbsp of hot water until the noodles are heated through.
- Divide between bowls and serve.
We have also created a FlippingBook to showcase our current and past Dishes of the Month, which can be viewed below:
Make sure you come back next month for our next dish!