Dish of the Month – May 2021
Each month you’ll find a tasty new addition to our Dish of the Month page. We will tell you all about the ingredients needed, as well as how to cook the recipe, so you can enjoy at home with your children.
This month the children will be enjoying lots of delicious and nutritious food, prepared by our Head Chef, Chris Milner and his dedicated team. The children loved trying this hearty dish and experiencing this new blend of flavours! If you’d like to make it at home, we have provided the full recipe below!
- 250g flat rice noodle
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- A good handful of coriander and stalks
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed, chopped
- 2 lime, zest and juice
- 2 tbsp pomace oil
- 20 raw tiger prawns, de-shelled, heads and black vein removed
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 100g of bean sprouts
- 3 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 tbsp light soft brown sugar
- 2 large free-range eggs, beaten
- Lime wedges, to garnish
- Cook the noodles according to the packet’s instructions, then drain them and set aside.
- In a pestle and mortar (or blender), make a paste from the garlic, coriander stalks, red chilli and lime zest.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. When the oil is just at smoking point, add the paste and fry for about 1 minute.
- Add the prawns, half of the spring onions and half of the beansprouts, then stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the drained noodles and mix thoroughly. Stir in the lime juice, fish sauce and brown sugar, then cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour in the beaten eggs and mix everything together with the noodles until just cooked.
- Tumble the noodles out onto warmed serving plates and serve garnished with the coriander leaves, lime wedges, as well as the remaining spring onions and bean sprouts.
We have also created a FlippingBook to showcase our current and past Dishes of the Month, which can be viewed below:
Make sure you come back next month for our next dish!