Dish of the Month – July 2021
Each month you’ll find a tasty new addition to our Dish of the Month page. We will tell you all about the ingredients needed, as well as how to cook the recipe, so you can enjoy at home with your children.
This month the children will be enjoying lots of delicious and nutritious food, prepared by our Head Chef, Chris Milner and his dedicated team. The children loved trying this hearty dish and experiencing this new blend of flavours! If you’d like to make it at home, we have provided the full recipe below!
Apple, Carrot and Maple Syrup Muffins
- 75g Self-Raising flour
- 150g Plain wholemeal flour
- 50g Brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ground ginger
- 125ml Vegetable oil
- 60ml Organic honey
- 60ml Maple syrup
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 75g Carrots, peeled and grated
- 65g Raisins
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oil, honey, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Beat lightly with a wire whisk until blended. Add the grated apple, carrots and raisins to the liquid mixture and stir well.
- Fold in the dry ingredients until it just combines, but don’t over mix or the muffins will become heavy.
- Line a muffin tray with 12 paper cups and fill until two-thirds full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. You can also make mini muffins which are ideal for children, they will take 15 to 20 minutes to bake.
- Leave the muffins to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
We have also created a FlippingBook to showcase our current and past Dishes of the Month, which can be viewed below:
Make sure you come back next month for our next dish!