Dish of the Month – May 2022
Each month you’ll find a tasty new addition to our Dish of the Month page. We will tell you all about the ingredients needed, as well as how to cook the recipe, so you can enjoy at home with your children.
This month the children will be enjoying lots of delicious and nutritious food, prepared by our Head Chef, Chris Milner and his dedicated team. The children loved trying this hearty dish and experiencing this new blend of flavours! If you’d like to make it at home, we have provided the full recipe below!
- 700g boneless chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 50g rice flour
- 40g gram flour, sieved
- 3 dried chillies, crushed or 3 green chillies, finely chopped
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 small onions, chopped
- Small bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Put the chicken in a large bowl, then use your hands to coat the pieces in the cornflour. Mix in the rice flour, followed by the gram flour. Add the chillies, spices, onion, coriander, and 1 tsp salt.
- Gradually add around 150ml water until the ingredients have become moist and ever so slightly wet.
- Fill a deep pan no more than a third full with vegetable oil and heat to 180C.
- Squeeze a small amount of the pakora mixture together before carefully lowering it into the hot oil with a spoon.
- Fry for 8-10 mins, turning regularly, until cooked through and browned all over.
- Set aside on a plate lined with kitchen paper while you repeat with the remaining mixture, frying in small batches.
- Serve hot with mango chutney.
We have also created a FlippingBook to showcase our current and past Dishes of the Month, which can be viewed below:
Make sure you come back next month for our next dish!