Dish of the Month – March 2021
Each month you’ll find a tasty new addition to our Dish of the Month page. We will tell you all about the ingredients needed, as well as how to cook the recipe, so you can enjoy at home with your children.
This month the children will be enjoying lots of delicious and nutritious food, prepared by our Head Chef, Chris Milner and his dedicated team. The children loved trying this hearty dish and experiencing this new blend of flavours! If you’d like to make it at home, we have provided the full recipe below!
Shredded Crispy Duck and Pancakes
- 4 duck legs
- 12 Chinese pancakes
- 60g of Hoisin sauce
- 4 spring onions, shredded
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ cup spring onion (75 g), chopped
- ½ cup ginger (25 g), finely diced
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 2 tablespoons of Chinese five spice
- 2 tablespoons of soft brown sugar
For the marinade
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F).
- Lightly score into the skin of the duck legs.
- In boiling hot water, add vinegar and sugar, then stir. Submerge the duck legs in the glaze mix for 20 seconds.
- Pat the duck legs dry with kitchen roll.
- Mix them well all the marinade ingredients and give the duck legs a good rub in the marinade.
- On a cooling rack set over a baking tray, place a bed of the marinade then put the duck legs on top. Make sure they are skin side up.
- Roast the duck legs for 30 minutes on 160°C. Then turn up the oven to 200°C and roast the duck for another 20 minutes.
- Rest the duck legs for 10 minutes, then shred them with two forks.
- Serve with Chinese pancakes, hoisin sauce, shredded spring onions, and sliced cucumber.
We have also created a FlippingBook to showcase our current and past Dishes of the Month, which can be viewed below:
Make sure you come back next month for our next dish!