Dish of the Month – November 2020
Each month you’ll find a tasty new addition to our Dish of the Month page. We will tell you all about the ingredients needed, as well as how to cook the recipe, so you can enjoy at home with your children.
This month the children will be enjoying lots of delicious and nutritious food, prepared by our Head Chef, Chris Milner and his dedicated team. The children loved trying this vegetarian meal and experiencing this new blend of flavours! If you’d like to make it at home, we have provided the full recipe below!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp chillI powder
- ½ tsp of oregano
- 4 eggs
- 4 small, floured tortilla
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 30g of cheddar, grated
- A handful mixed chillies roughly chopped
- 1 lime, half juiced, half cut into wedges, to serve
- Chopped coriander, to serve
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large pan. Add the onions with a pinch of salt, and cook until golden (around 3-4 minutes). Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the beans, cumin, chilli powder, oregano and 100ml of water. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the beans have softened, then remove from the heat, mash and set aside.
- Place the remaining oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Crack in the eggs, then reduce the heat and place the pan in the oven until the whites of the eggs are firm.
- To assemble, spread the beans onto the tortillas, add the tomatoes and jalapenos and sprinkle with cheese, squeeze of lime juice and a baked egg, then scatter with coriander. Serve with the lime wedges on the side.
We have also created a FlippingBook to showcase our current and past Dishes of the Month, which can be viewed below:
Make sure you come back next month for our next dish!