Dish of the Month – January 2020
Each month you’ll find a tasty new addition to our Dish of the Month page. We will tell you all about the ingredients needed, as well as how to cook the recipe, so you can enjoy at home with your children.
This month the children will be enjoying lots of delicious and nutritious food, prepared by our Head Chef, Chris Milner and his dedicated team. This month we will be having a hearty dish of Chinese Vegetable Noodles. We hope the children will enjoy it last this month, and if you’d like to make it at home, we have provided the full recipe below!
Chinese Vegetable Noodles
- 150g pack medium egg noodle
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2½ cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 100g mangetout, sugar snaps or frozen peas
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 85g beansprout (optional)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Fill a pan of water and bring to the boil, cook the noodles for 4-5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, then stir-fry the ginger, garlic, carrot, pepper and mangetout, sugar snap or frozen peas over a high heat for 2-3 mins.
- Drain the noodles thoroughly, add to the pan with the onions and beansprouts, if using, then stir-fry for 2 mins.
- Mix together the soy sauce and vinegar, stir into the pan, then cook for 1-2 mins. Divide between individual plates or bowls and serve immediately.
We have also created a FlippingBook to showcase our current and past Dishes of the Month, to view; simply click on our FlippingBook icon to the right of this page.
Make sure you come back next month for our next dish!