Dish of the Month – June 2020
Each month you’ll find a tasty new addition to our Dish of the Month page. We will tell you all about the ingredients needed, as well as how to cook the recipe, so you can enjoy at home with your children.
This month the children will be enjoying lots of delicious and nutritious food, prepared by our Head Chef, Chris Milner and his dedicated team. This month we will be having Teriyaki Chicken. We hope the children will enjoy it last this month, and if you’d like to make it at home, we have provided the full recipe below!
- 2 tbsp of toasted sesame oil
- 6 skinless and boneless chicken thighs, sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, grated
- 50g of runny honey
- 30ml of light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, to serve
- 4 spring onions, shredded, to serve
- Sticky rice, to serve
- Steamed bok choi or spring greens, to serve
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over a medium heat. Then add the chicken and fry for 7 minutes, or until it turns golden.
- Add the garlic and ginger, then fry for a further 2 minutes. Stir in the honey, soy sauce, vinegar and 100ml of water.
- Bring to the boil and cook for around 5 minutes over a medium heat. At this point the chicken will be sticky and coated in a thick sauce.
- Scatter the spring onions and sesame seeds over the top, then serve the chicken with the rice and steamed vegetables of your choice.
We have also created a FlippingBook to showcase our current and past Dishes of the Month, to view; simply click on our FlippingBook icon to the right of this page.
Make sure you come back next month for our next dish!