Meet Our Team
22 Street Lane Nursery works on a +1 ratio thus ensuring we have an additional member of staff member is in the rooms on a permanent basis. This is over and above the required ratio set by Ofsted however we believe its imperative to allow the wider team fulfil their duties properly and give the children the care they require. It also allows each of our practitioners to ensure they undertake all daily feedback; observations; summative assessments; priority learning outcomes and next steps to allow the parents to understand how their children are progressing.
The setting is managed by our highly qualified and experienced management team with over 25 years of combined experience:
- 85% of staff qualified to Level 3 or above
- High number of staff hold degree level or postgraduate qualifications
- We work on a ratio + one across the setting
- The pre-school has a higher than required ratio - 1:6 rather than 1:8
- 11 Practitioners hold 1st class honours degrees in childcare
- We operate an amazing apprentice programme where our apprentices develop and learn quickly through highly qualified and experienced practitioners
We follow strict recruitment procedures and monitor staff’s ongoing suitability closely. All staff are supported in their individual growth and development through training, coaching and mentoring. All staff attend Paediatric First Aid training and will receive annual training on Safeguarding.