Dish of the Month – September
Dish of the Month.
Each month you’ll find a tasty new addition to our dish of the month page. We will tell you all about the ingredients needed, as well as how to cook the recipe, so you can enjoy at home with your children.
This month the children have been enjoying lots of delicious and nutritious food, prepared by our Head Chef, David and his dedicated team. One of the children’s favourites has been Nourishing Nachos. The children enjoyed them so much we made it our dish of the month for September!
- 4-6 pitta breads, cut into ‘chips’
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 x 400 g can red kidney beans
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons mixed parsley and coriander leaves
- finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 avocado halved and stoned
- 1 cup (110 g) crumbled feta
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 cup 115g grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the grill. Place ‘pitta chips’ on a large tray in a single layer and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Grill for 3-4 minutes, turning half way, or until lightly browned.
- Mix the chopped tomatoes, beans, onions, herbs and apple cider vinegar in a bowl, season with salt and set aside.
- Mash the avocado, feta, and lemon juice together in a separate bowl and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Place a layer of the pitta chips on a large oven proof plate or in a large casserole dish and lightly sprinkle with about half the cheddar cheese.
- Grill for about 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Scoop onto the plates and top with avocado and feta mixture.
We have also created a Flipbook to showcase our current and past Dish of the Month, to view; simply click on our Flipbook icon to the right of this page.
Make sure you come back next month for our October dish!
View our 'dish of the month' recipes