Dish of the Month – June
Each month you’ll find a tasty new addition to our dish of the month page. We will tell you all about the ingredients needed, as well as how to cook the recipe, so you can enjoy at home with your children.
This month the children have been enjoying lots of delicious and nutritious food, prepared by our Head Chef, Christopher and his dedicated team. One of the children’s favourites has been our Lamb and Cauliflower Curry with Rice and Peas. The children enjoyed it so much we made it our Dish of the Month for June!
Lamb and Cauliflower Curry with Rice and Peas;
• 250g of Diced Lamb
• 1 tbsp of olive oil
• 1 Diced Large White Onion
• 1 carrot, cut into 1cm pieces
• 1 Cauliflower cut into florets (2cm)
• 4 cloves of Garlic
• 1 tsp of Ginger
• 2 tsp of Ground Cumin
• 2 tsp of Garam Masala
• 1 Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
• Fresh Coriander
• 1/2 a Tin of Coconut Milk
• Basmati Rice
• 1 tsp of Turmeric
• 100g of Garden peas
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large sauce pan over a very high heat
- Add the lamb, onion, carrots and garlic stirring well until the lamb is golden brown
- Add chopped tomatoes allowing the mix to boil
- Add the Cumin, Garam Masala and a pinch of salt and pepper
- Reduce the heat allowing the curry to simmer, leave for 1 hour 30 minutes, stirring frequently
- Add the 1/2 tin of coconut milk
- Add the cauliflower florets, again leave to simmer for approximately 25 mins
- Whilst the lamb is simmering boil a pan of water with the turmeric in. Boil the rice until soft
- Drain the rice and add the garden peas, stir and season to taste…
- Add the fresh coriander to the curry just before serving
We have also created a FlippingBook to showcase our current and past Dishes of the Month, to view; simply click on our FlippingBook icon to the right of this page.
Make sure you come back next month for our July dish!
View our 'Dish of the Month' recipes