22 Street Lane Safeguarding Policy
What is Safeguarding?
Latest government guidance defines safeguarding as:
- Protecting children from maltreatment.
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development.
- Ensuring the children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care.
- Taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
(Definition taken from the HM Government document ‘Working together to safeguard children’)
At 22 Street Lane, we strongly support policy and procedures that protect the health and happiness of our children. We aim to keep children safe by adopting the highest possible standards and taking all reasonable steps to protect children from harm. Safeguarding is vital for our setting, as part of the legal requirements of our Ofsted registration.
Our legal obligations to your child;
- We have a Safeguarding policy which details what happens if we are concerned about a child and the procedure for an allegation made against a member of the team.
- Our nominated lead person for safeguarding is our Nursery Manager, Alexandra Thornton. She is the point of contact for any concerns relating to a child’s welfare. Alexandra is also responsible for the training and development of the team in this area.
- If we have a concern about your child which relates to neglect, emotional or physical abuse, we will meet with you. We may feel it necessary to refer to the Local Children’s Safeguarding Board (LCSB), however we will communicate with you at all times.
- If our concerns relate to sexual abuse, it will be necessary to go straight to Local Children’s safeguarding board (LCSB).
- Our team have devised their own code of conduct which outlines how they maintain and form appropriate relationships with each other, the children and their parents.
All documentation relating to policies and procedures including our full safeguarding policy can be viewed and downloaded on the right of this page, it can also be accessed in the nursery. If you require further information or wish to discuss, please contact our Nursery Manager.